Dive into the history and culture of the continent of Kings and queens. Embrace the beauty of Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the underground marvels of the catacombs. Travel to Normandy where you will experience a thousand years of history.
This biennial trip is open to students in year 10 and 11 and links languages, culture and history in the unique Olashore style. This program is well-rounded and across-curricular with an emphasis on particular specialized topics that pertain to France.
As a result, the educational focus for the France program revolves around history, geography, culture, art, music and language exploring how France and Europe developed over a thousand years.
This is a two centre trip. On arrival in Parris you will have the opportunity to climb world famous sights including the Eiffel Tower and the Cathedral of Notre Dame; see the treasures of the Louvre and the Pompidou Centre and then travel to the Palace of Versailles, home to the Kings of France and famously Marie Antoniette. Then you will travel to Normandy from where William the Conqueror famous launched his invasion of England in 1066 and where the allies landed in 1944 to begin the march that would end World War 11. Take this unique opportunity to experience France through the ages, challenge yourself to live in a new culture and explore how you will cope in a French speaking country.This trip promises to prepare you to travel confidently around the world as a global leader.
- Day 1- Arrival and induction
- Day 2- Visit La Cathedrale Notre Dame and the French nation museum
- Day 3- Tour the Chateau de Versailles
- Day 4- Tour the Louvre
- Day 5- Visit the Eiffel Tower, Place de Trocadero and cruise along the Seine
- Day 6- Climb the Basilique du Sacre Coeur and continue on the place du Tertre
- Day 7- Visit Chateau de Guillaume le Conquerant
- Day 8- Visit the quaint village of Arromanches and the second World War memorial
- Day 9- Visit the Isigny Caramel Factory
- Day 10- Visit Euro Disney or Parc Asterix
- Day 11- Departure